“With Great Risk Comes Great Reward” A (Tech) Road Less Traveled with ISC's CEO Jeff Osborn, Community Events, Video of the Week, + NANOG Sponsor Showcase

“With Great Risk Comes Great Reward”

A (Tech) Road Less Traveled with ISC’s CEO Jeff Osborn

“When you’re a kid working with venture capitalists, everybody talks about taking their money and running to a tropical island…and nobody ever does. But I did,” Jeff Osborn, president and CEO of Internet Systems Consortium (ISC), a leading developer of DNS (BIND) and DHCP open-source software, said.

“I was 37 years old. I took 15 years off, raced sailboats all over the Caribbean, and blew a king’s ransom having way too much fun,” he continued.

Why it’s worth your time: Jeff has been a member of NANOG since 2013 and represents our community’s incredible professionals. Learn more about his story and our new mentorship program.

READ MORE

Community Events

Midwest Peering Summit

Extend your stay in Kansas City and attend the Midwest Peering Summit, which will take place 13-14 June 2024. Learn more and register here.

Designing and Deploying Computer Networks (DDCN) Course - This is a special version of the course designed for the NANOG Community.

This course will start on May 27th, 2024. Designed for students with a basic understanding of computer hardware and software who are already familiar with personal computers. It begins with teaching the fundamentals of networking, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi technologies. Find out more info + register here.

NANOG Video of the Week!

Highlight Reel: NANOG 86 - Hollywood

Why it’s worth your time: At every NANOG meeting, we create a recap video highlighting some memorable moments from the event. It’s an opportunity to relive the event + experience what makes a NANOG meeting special.

Catch some familiar faces —you may spot your own! Start with the recap video of NANOG 86 (Hollywood, 13 - 15 Oct. 2022). Then check out other recap videos from past events on NANOG TV or our YouTube channel.

WATCH NOW

NANOG Showcase Sponsorships Available!

Your Logo Belongs Here

Check out our newest offering to connect and network with NANOG attendees over a 3-hour time block in high-traffic areas. Only $8k per booth with a branded table-top banner, provided by NANOG!

Contact Shawn Winstead, swinstead@nanog.org, to learn more.