telia selling carrier ops to polhem infra

I wonder how this will affect those who have Telia as an upstream Internet provider? Will it be business as usual and just different company name? Or maybe other changes to come?

Telia Company today (10-06-2020) announces that it has reached an agreement with Polhem Infra for the sale of its international carrier business, Telia Carrier…

https://www.teliacompany.com/en/news/press-releases/2020/10/telia-company-reaches-agreement-to-sell-its-carrier-operation-to-polhem-infra-and-proposes-to-reinstate-the-original-dividend-for-2019/

Aaron

aaron1@gvtc.com

Still smells Swedish to me. Probably will end up with a different name, but other than that I don’t see much changing. Sounds more like a spinoff than acquisition.

Yeah, I guess my questions are more long-term, usually in the 12 month window not much changes, but I’ve seen people expand to be global carriers then shrink back to their incumbent countries, (eg: 5511, 3320) over the years with a few holding their own, or having some minimal international presence..

What will happen here? I’m curious as there are usually some economic drivers of these events. I’m not sure I see what would be a driver unless the business is losing significant amount of SEK and this is effectively a restructuring.

- Jared

Still smells Swedish to me. Probably will end up with a different name, but other than that I don't see much changing. Sounds more like a spinoff than acquisition.

I is, Polhem is wholly owned by a few of the large public pension funds in Sweden.