Reporting Comcast outside plant issues?

Does anyone here have a contact at Comcast for reporting outside plant issues that are not (at the moment) service-affecting? I am not a Comcast customer, and they make it nearly impossible for non-customers to reach them unless you’re signing up for service.

There is a long coax span (2-300 feetthat has come off of a pair of utility poles and is laying on the ground near my house. I moved it off of the road to keep it from getting run over, but reaching anyone at Comcast to get the cable re-attached to the poles has been difficult.

Any insight anyone (off-list is fine) could offer would be appreciated.

Thank you
jms

You have to find the local “Damage Prevention” guy. You might call the county engineer office and see what they have for permits (for Comcast) in the area and call that guy.

You might also find out the owner of the poles, often the power company but maybe the phone company.

Thank you to everyone who responded off-list. I was able to get a repair ticket opened with Comcast and they will be dispatching a crew to take a look.

Thank you
jms

Call the non-emergency number for your local PSAP (police or fire department) and report wires down. They'll know how to get it handled.

Maybe.

I saw multiple reports of a town this past week end that didn’t respond to multiple calls for a transformer and pole CURRENTLY on fire. I guess they had better things to do.

I had that during the 2020 storm that swept through the US. I called PUD a few months before about a tree hanging at a 45 degree angle above the primaries. I called again a month later when I noticed the tree had been slowly shifting. No sense or urgency from the PUD. Then the storm hit and I watched from my car as it smashed into a pole, snapped the primaries, destroyed a transformer, snapped the secondaries, snapped the pole, and then hung bits of itself from the cable space. It was pretty spectacular—I wish I had gotten it on video.

Ignoring it for ~2 months turned a $500 tree removal into something that cost tens of thousands of dollars—not to mention the teams that had to do all the work in sub-freezing temps instead of cool with intermittent showers.

Everyone on in a ~1 mile stretch went without power for ~17 hours in 13 degree weather. Fortunately I have two generators that are worth more than my car and I had the ability to fail over to a Starlink connection. Internet was back up about about 38 hours later.

-A