RE: So why don't US citizens get this?

<b>Guy_Shields at Stream.Com &lt;</b><a href="mailto:nanog%40nanog.org?Subject=So%20why%20don't%20US%20citizens%20get%20this%3F&In-Reply-To=" title="So why don't US citizens get this?">Guy_Shields@Stream.Com</a><b>&gt; said at </b><i>Sat Jul 26 23:00:47 UTC 2008<br>&gt; </i>We do its called FIOS.<br><br>AFAIK they don't offer affordable 100mbps symmetric connections though via their fiber to house service... ;)<br>

natalidel@mailinator.com wrote:

<b>Guy_Shields at Stream.Com &lt;</b><a href="mailto:nanog%40nanog.org?Subject=So%20why%20don't%20US%20citizens%20get%20this%3F&In-Reply-To=" title="So why don't US citizens get this?">Guy_Shields@Stream.Com</a><b>&gt; said at </b><i>Sat Jul 26 23:00:47 UTC 2008<br>&gt; </i>We do its called FIOS.<br><br>AFAIK they don't offer affordable 100mbps symmetric connections though via their fiber to house service... ;)<br>

--
No, this email's not real, it's http://deadfake.com

What in the world does that say?

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:

What in the world does that say?

Not to add too much noise to the list, but that MUA (x-mailer: DeadFake Mailer) is sending HTML that's base64 encoded... but with a text/plain content type. Oops?

-- Kameron

deadfake.com offer anonymised email services with no signup. Does this not immediately raise questions in itself?

Or am I just unnaturally suspicious of such services?

Have to admitt as soon as I see traffic relayed by a system such as that, I stop putting much stock in its content...

Mark.

Hi,

So far with 2 test messages, neither have been delivered. It also
does claim it leaves your IP in the email so there IS some "tracking"
approximately where it came from. I can't verify, of course, since 2 messages
have gone into never never land for me. Doesn't look like it ever got delivered.
Maybe one of my RBL's are stopping it.

Tuc

Mark Foster wrote:

deadfake.com offer anonymised email services with no signup. Does this
not immediately raise questions in itself?

Or am I just unnaturally suspicious of such services?

Have to admitt as soon as I see traffic relayed by a system such as
that, I stop putting much stock in its content...

shoot the messenger, eh?

the fact is that real 100m/100m is about USD30/mo in japan. in the
states, i pay about USD90 for 256k/768k. as far as the internet is
concerned, the united states is a third world country.

randy

I currently pay (converted from ZAR to USD) $40/m for 192k/384k DSL. That gives me a pair to the exchange DSLAM, no internet. On top of that, I pay $10/m for each GB used on that line.
My average spend on plain old POTS DSL is $100/m.

If the US is the third world of telecoms, S.A. is the 50th world.

Please /do/ moan about government incompetence, drug induced legislation and failure for the stupidest people on this earth to understand free market economy (and where it works).
Please /don't/ pretend to be in the worst position out there, because I have some gruelling stories to tell... :slight_smile:

Obviously not the same part of the US as me. I pay $65/month for 5m/30m.

...which still thinks it has a divine right of kings over the root zone.