RE: [mailop] IPv6 DNSBL

I suggest reputation on the reply-to domain also (if authenticated of course). No more running to other IPs / ESPs if you are a bad boy. You can integrate it in browsers and show it there too (watch out; don't enter your email address here because they will spam you or have spam evading practices [if no authentication takes place]). Show the reputation in the email client if possible.

And I would like fine-grained complaining possible (so everyone can filter like the big boys can, one might need the 'ham' numbers too). But you want to be sure such numbers are authentic.

David Hofstee

Deliverability Management
MailPlus B.V. Netherlands (ESP)

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----

Most are not authenticated. The vast majority of SPAM I see is, among other things, Joe Jobbed.

Owen

I suggest reputation on the reply-to domain also (if authenticated of course). No more running to other IPs / ESPs if you are a bad boy. You can integrate it in browsers and show it there too (watch out; don't enter your email address here because they will spam you or have spam evading practices [if no authentication takes place]). Show the reputation in the email client if possible.

Most are not authenticated. The vast majority of SPAM I see is, among other things, Joe Jobbed.

True. But the world must progress too. It would be nice if the spam-issue is better solved on IPv6 (than on IPv4). You would then have a reason to /not/ accept on IPv4 (and give IPv6 a boost).

There must be a good reason for people to get of their asses and start implementing things like DMARC. All the banks (!$%^) I talk to do not have any reason to implement it swiftly (they turn on p=none and then all progress stops). Frustrating that they are too lazy to implement a few DNS records.

It only needs firm backing by 3+ large companies like Hotmail. Give everyone on IPv6 without DMARC a large spamscore (and publish that beforehand :wink: ). Give me ammunition and all corporates will move.

David Hofstee

Deliverability Management
MailPlus B.V. Netherlands (ESP)

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----

Please no. DMARC is great for 1:1 direct email (from:me, to:you).
Anything other than p=none fails miserably once the scope is expanded.
Let me give you examples of things that would fail miserably under
your suggestion above:

1) This list

2) The recent, heavily forwarded and reflected, Cisco PSIRT notices.

NANOG is not the place to debate this, nor is it the place to advocate
self inflicted harm.

-Jim P.