NANOG 89 Meet up? A colorful photo opportunity?

I’ll be wearing my flag / colors in San Diego! To whoever is comfortable, maybe we could find a moment to wear our flag’s colors (or wear your favorite color!) and get a group photo? The LGBTQIA+ community is constantly evolving and growing and I wanted to make myself a point of reference for any questions about what it means to be part of this community, ally or otherwise. There is always an opportunity to learn more about it! I’m learning myself! Do you know what SOGIE stands for?

In addition to wearing your flags, there is also a cool LGBTQ history walking tour available on 10/15 and 10/20 for $23.00 ($19.00 for children). Please see more information below.

QUICK DETAILS

• Rating: PG

• Duration: 1.5 Hours

• Ages: All Ages

• Check-in: Urban MO’s Bar & Grill Mural

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

• No food or drinks are served on the tour.
  • This tour is wheelchair accessible.
  • While your party size can be as small as 1 person, our tours require a minimum of 4 paid guests to run.

This walking tour of Hillcrest covers San Diego’s LGBTQ+ history with stories of some of its earliest gay bars, the hate crimes plaque, Harvey Milk Street, the Center, the Rainbow Flag and much more. The tour covers the people, places and events that made San Diego’s “gayborhood” the vibrant community it is today.

Learn about how and why the migration of gay bars from downtown began, how San Diego and Hillcrest attracted a large LGBTQ+ population, and how even the gay bars were once “closeted.” The tour is wheelchair accessible and is good for people of all ages who have an interest in LGBTQ+ history presented in a fun and interesting way.