Issues with Level3 in chicago?

We just experienced some connection issues with outgoing traffic through Level3. Anyone with similar issues?

I can provide some traceroutes if needed, but just wanted to see if anyone else had similar problems.

What kind of issues? I just checked two 10G connections from 350 Canal and 1905 Lunt and don't seen anything of concern. Most of my traffic stays on Level3, so I only briefly checked that I could route off Level3 from the connections. Seems fine here

Robin

Nicholas R. Cappelletti wrote:

Robin,

It's resolved now, but we had customers calling in saying they could no longer get to their sites. The traceroutes to us were dying at the servers, and a reverse trace to their public IP address was showing the trace dying a few hops past our borders.

Robin,

It's resolved now, but we had customers calling in saying they could no longer get to their sites. The traceroutes to us were dying at the servers, and a reverse trace to their public IP address was showing the trace dying a few hops past our borders.

Don't know if it's related but there was a Level 3 OC48 that went down at 2:52am this morning because of a DMX issue. It's been back up since about 10am EDT though.

George Roettger
Netlink Services

Major convulsions visible to Sprint customers when crossing into Level3 and
lots of flaps showing in route-views.oregon-ix.net for our prefixes. Calgon,
take me away ...