Don’t know how much anyone will still care about these pages as there are lots of other sources of similar data these days.
However, I finally got around to fixing the two pages I maintain:
In the case of Alexa, the page is no longer based on Alexa since Amazon discontinued that service and now uses the Majestic 1,000,000 as a source (grabs the first 500 entries from their list). This page was broken since Amazon discontinued the Alexa service.
The Fortune 500 site still uses the same datasource, but the script was crashing due to sites with borked SSL implementations which caused PERL to abort on an exception that I never figured out how to trap or ignore. As such, I’m now manually maintaining an exception list of such sites in the script and testing them is bypassed to prevent the script from crashing. Obviously, this is not ideal, but I found no better solution so far.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled NANOG chatter.