GMail IPv6 IMAP Issue, or is it Just Me?

Is anyone else having issues reaching GMail on IPv6 via IMAP, or is it just

Here's some of what I'm seeing:

It responds to ping...

imac01:~ branto$ ping6
PING6(56=40+8+8 bytes) 2001:470:8d30:b00c::bb0e --> 2607:f8b0:400d:c00::6c
16 bytes from 2607:f8b0:400d:c00::6c, icmp_seq=0 hlim=55 time=31.299 ms
16 bytes from 2607:f8b0:400d:c00::6c, icmp_seq=1 hlim=55 time=41.528 ms
16 bytes from 2607:f8b0:400d:c00::6c, icmp_seq=2 hlim=55 time=30.092 ms
16 bytes from 2607:f8b0:400d:c00::6c, icmp_seq=3 hlim=55 time=35.450 ms
--- ping6 statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/std-dev = 30.092/34.592/41.528/4.470 ms

TCP Sessions on v6 seem to time-out:

imac01:~ branto$ telnet -6 993
Trying 2607:f8b0:400d:c01::6c...
telnet: connect to address 2607:f8b0:400d:c01::6c: Operation timed out
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

IPv4 Connects:

imac01:~ branto$ telnet -4 993
Connected to
Escape character is '^]'.



Connection closed.

and other connectivity via IPv6 works:

imac01:~ branto$ telnet -6 80
Trying 2607:f8b0:400c:c04::68...
Connected to
Escape character is '^]'.

HTTP/1.0 200 OK


Connection closed by foreign host.

I've tried flushing my dnscache to make sure I'm not holding on to
something that's not valid, but no dice.



But I get NXDOMAIN upon lookup of imap. But have all my clients using for imaps.

I get ipv6 on 2607:f8b0:4009:802::1015

It works to me, a different one by the way:

telnet -6 993
Trying 2607:f8b0:400c:c01::6c...
Connected to
Escape character is '^]'.


Connection closed.

  The same one, works too:

telnet 2607:f8b0:400d:c00::6c 993
Trying 2607:f8b0:400d:c00::6c...
Connected to
Escape character is '^]'.


Connection closed.


Looks ok for me via Toronto, Ont, Canada

0(marble)% host is an alias for has address has address has IPv6 address 2607:f8b0:4003:c01::6c

% traceroute6 -q1 2607:f8b0:4003:c01::6c
traceroute6 to 2607:f8b0:4003:c01::6c (2607:f8b0:4003:c01::6c) from
2607:f3e0::2, 64 hops max, 12 byte packets
1 iolite4-6 0.560 ms
2 toronto-torix-6 4.678 ms
3 3.793 ms
4 2001:478:245:1::6 5.810 ms
5 2001:4860::1:0:e38 3.471 ms
6 2001:4860::8:0:2fe9 16.342 ms
7 2001:4860::8:0:29ee 31.341 ms
8 2001:4860::2:0:95e 31.340 ms
9 *
10 30.584 ms

1(marble)% openssl s_client -host -port 993
depth=1 /C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:0

It started flowing shortly after I sent the initial message... Thanks to all who answered.