Hello DNS experts in the NANOG Community,
OARC 38 will be holding a two-day hybrid meeting held on July 30th and 31st, 2022 starting at 10 am (Eastern). The onsite part of the meeting will be colocated with IETF 114 (Philadelphia).
The OARC Programme Committee is seeking contributions from the community.
All DNS-related subjects and suggestions for discussion topics are welcome. For inspiration, we provide a non-exhaustive list of ideas:
- Operations: Any operational gotchas, lessons learned from an outage, details/reasons for a recent outage (how to improve TTR, tooling).
- Deployment: DNS config management and release process.
- Monitoring: Log ingestion pipeline, analytics infrastructure, anomaly detection.
- Scaling: DNS performance management and metrics. Increasing DNS Server Efficiency
- Security/Privacy: DNSSEC signing and validation, key storage, rollovers, qname minimization, DoH/DoT
As it is an hybrid workshop, we’d like to encourage brevity; presentations should not be longer than 20 minutes (with additional time for questions).
2022-05-01 Submissions open via Indico*
2022-06-20 Deadline for submission (23:59 UTC)
2022-06-21 Initial Contribution list published
2022-06-28 Full agenda published
2022-07-12 Deadline for slide set submission and Rehearsal
2022-07-30 OARC 38 Workshop - Day1
2022-07-31 OARC 38 Workshop - Day2
*The Registration page and details for presentation submission are published at:
To allow the Programme Committee to make objective assessments of submissions, so as to ensure the quality of the workshop, submissions SHOULD include slides. Draft slides are acceptable on submission.
Additional information for speakers of OARC 38
- your talk will be broadcast live and recorded for future reference
- your presentation slides will be available for delegates and others to download and refer to, before, during and after the meeting
- Remote speakers have mandatory rehearsal on 2022-07-12 at 15:00 UTC. It would be very useful to have your slides (even if draft) ready for this.
Note: DNS-OARC provides registration fee waivers for the workshop to support those who are part of underrepresented groups to speak at and/or attend DNS-OARC. More details will be provided when registration opens.
If you have questions or concerns you can contact the Programme Committee: via email@example.com
Looking forward to your submissions.
Steve Sullivan on behalf of the DNS-OARC Programme Committee