Any Yahoo DNS admins on list?

Hello!

Don't suppose there's a Yahoo admin in the DNS department that can investigate/debug a Geolocation issue?

It appears that Yahoo's Geolocation is putting CenturyLink's IPv6 addresses as being in .BR, causing not only the two CL/Qwest recursive servers (205.171.2.65/205.171.3.65/2001:428::1/2001:428::2), but recusive servers hosted on biz customer IPv6 6RD ranges to return non-US Yahoo servers (and be agonizingly slow).

There is a thread going on the outages mailing list talking about this issue. Seems to be no failures but increased latency to ns1.yahoo.com and ns3.yahoo.com with trace routes showing USA traffic hitting Asia on v6.

Nolan

Interesting - these performance issues have been going on for around 3 weeks now, I just tonight decided to try and get to the bottom of it and did actual diagnostics (and noticed the issues with geolocation).

Good to know I'm not the only one!

Looks like this may be a peering issue, we're investigating.
Regards
-- ♜ Dan States - Yahoo DNS Operations

On Saturday, January 28, 2017, 4:29:12 AM PST, Stephen Strowes <stephe...@gmail.com> wrote:I assume somebody knows about this thread :slight_smile:
S.

Hello Brielle,
The issue has been resolved, I confirmed the Qwest/CenturyLink resolver you mentioned is being properly routed.

On Monday, January 30, 2017, 7:04:40 PM PST, Dan States <dstates@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:Looks like this may be a peering issue, we're investigating.
Regards

On Saturday, January 28, 2017, 4:29:12 AM PST, Stephen Strowes <stephe...@gmail.com> wrote:I assume somebody knows about this thread :slight_smile:
S.