Abovenet OC48 down

I lost nearly all of my bgp routes to Above a few minutes ago. The NOC has they have an oc48 down some where, as of this writing the location has not been localized.

j.

Does anyone actually believe that an ISP could know that they've got an
OC48 down, but not which one it was?

Simon

Simon Lockhart wrote:

I lost nearly all of my bgp routes to Above a few minutes ago. The NOC has they have an oc48 down some where, as of this writing the location has not been localized.

OC48 down, but not which one it was?

Simon

It probably has more to do with not knowing the locality of the failure. Knowing you have a circuit down, and knowing why and the location of the failure are two very different things. Given that I spoke to them within ten minutes of failure, that is hardly enough time to mobilize splice teams, recall people from dinner breaks, etc. It is a no brainer that they dont have alot of information.

j.

> OC48 down, but not which one it was?

That would pretty much be determined by how much MPLS tomfoolery was
involved.

-Bill

Dear AboveNet Customer,

AboveNet has experienced a network event.

Start Date & Time:5:15pm Eastern Time

Event Description:An outage on AboveNet's Long Haul Network has impacted IP connectivity to SFO3. We currently have Field Engineers investigating this outage and will give additional updates as they become available.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call the AboveNet 24x7 NMC (Network Management Center) at 1 (888) 636-2778. International customers please use the following numbers: +44 800 169 1646 or 001 (408)350-6673. You may also submit your inquiries via the ticketing system by opening a ticket through the customer portal or by sending an email to service@above.net. We appreciate your cooperation

Thank you,
IP Operations