use 3rd party 100g SFP.
But we are not sure which manufacturer's SFP is reliable or has good
performance.

Does anyone have experience?

Many thanks,

Roy

FS.COM

--Pete

I concur. Never bought Cisco 100G from them but the quality of the Juniper optics and other ancillary fibre stuff is great.

FlexOptix (.net) are an excellent third-party provider for your first foray into non-vendor optics.

Tom

We've been quite happy with https://www.osihardware.com
The customer service is outstanding.

--Andrey

I can second OSI, been using them for years for Juni and Cisco-compatible
optics and they've been absolutely fine.

Ryugo Kikuchi wrote:
Does anyone have a recommended model of 3rd party's "QSFP-100G-LR4-S" for Cisco ASR and Nexus?
Cisco's original 100G SFP costs us an arm and a leg, so we want to try to use 3rd party 100g SFP.
But we are not sure which manufacturer's SFP is reliable or has good performance.

Try this one. I never ordered that particular model, but they are my prefered vendor for optics and cables. Happy with the company.

Michel.

TSI Disclaimer: This message and any files or text attached to it are intended only for the recipients named above and contain information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not forward, copy, use or otherwise disclose this communication or the information contained herein. In the event you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, and then delete all copies of it from your system. Thank you!...

Axiom
Used variety of their sfps, twinax cables etc.
Been rock solid

Hi Ryugo,

I’m Eric Litvin, CEO of Luma Optics. We sell 1000s of 100G LR4. Our price is $800.00 ( yes it’s true $800.00 for 100G-LR4). We can do this because we buy 1000s of LR4 at a time and do big volumes. Ours are open eeprom and we provide a device for free that enables you to flash the firmware and turn up the part in any network environment. I’ve been a Nanog member for a long time and have many member references if you’d like to consider us.

Cheers,

Eric Litvin

Thank all guys who responded me,

It was really helpful for us, and we will pick up some models and try to
evaluate those.
Probably OSI, FS.COM, FlexOptics, and Finisar will be candidates, of
course, other models sound great though.

Thanks,

Roy