Hi all

I would like to have 10G switchrecommendaton
Ipref software can test around 9.2G but we can have congestion over 6G
in single port!

Thank you

http://www.aristanetworks.com/

Juniper EX4500.

-RR

Let's see how many vendors you get listed!

I would go for Brocade.

+1 Arista

-Eddie

arista

Arista sounds interesting, although never knew of them !

How do they compare price wise / feature wise to Brocade / Juniper / Force10 ?

That being said my preference is the S4810 - Force10

Kindest Regards

James Braunegg
W: 1300 769 972 | M: 0488 997 207 | D: (03) 9751 7616
E: james.braunegg@micron21.com | ABN: 12 109 977 666

This message is intended for the addressee named above. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this message in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

Check out Arista's white papers on low-latency networking, the use of merchant silicon, and queueing theory applied to serialization delay.

Arista is good but depends on the application. They have some of the most Jr code but they are coming along with features fast. Weve chosen them for several applications when compared to Brocade, Cisco, Extreme, And Blade. There pricing is on par with the others.

Good gear, I have some deployed with good results. I have some Brocade TurboIrons, too. Depends on what features you need.

Not to mention Arista's cli runs a busybox Linux inside!

Last I checked, Arista used Fedora Linux, with x86 dual-core CPUs and 4GB
RAM.
Their CLI was written in Python or Perl as well, and they encourage hacking
it for cool new things.

We have a full purple network, so my answer for this would be Extreme Networks.

Check out the Lipis report on the X670 / x670v 48 port 10G 1U switches.

vs other vendor equipment :
http://www.extremenetworks.com/libraries/products/ExtremeX670V_Lippis%20Report_Fall.pdf

Regards,
Erik Bais

I have experience with the Extreme's Alpine, Blackdiamond, x250, and x450
and i discovered that the command line is fairly different than Cisco, HP,
or Dell. However, since they are a relatively small company with a small
but strong customer base, their support is fairly good. I can't speak for
10G/40G implementations, but from my experiences, they support has a quick
response time and they do quite a bit of lab replication to figure out the
exact root cause.

-Grant

I would not recommend EX4500 as an 10G aggregator switch, it has really small buffers.

EX3300 as TOR
EX82** as 10G aggregator

-Tim

I worked for Extreme, and I deployed a lot of X650 (24 10G ports) for DataCenter environment. The box is really good.
In fact if you use the box at a layer 2 it is perfect, BUT DON'T use their BGP code, they never understood what is BGP :slight_smile:

Regards

Fabien

Is that don't use for Internet facing full table BGP or do you include iBGP for say VPN as well?

How small is the buffer on the EX4500 ??

Kindest Regards

James Braunegg
W: 1300 769 972 | M: 0488 997 207 | D: (03) 9751 7616
E: james.braunegg@micron21.com | ABN: 12 109 977 666

This message is intended for the addressee named above. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this message in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

2,5MB shared approximately.

Aggregating 10G with microbursts is definately a no-go on such box.

-Tim

I would like to point out that in my experience if you do a lot of coding/devops/automation work with SNMP extreme is a lot harder to work with than Cisco and some of their OIDs/MIBs produce unusual results.

Thanks,
-Drew