Please note that, we are looking for contributions and remote participation is actively supported
OARC 40 will be a two-day hybrid meeting held on 16 & 17 February in Atlanta (GA), USA at 10:00 AM (Local time - EST (UTC-05:00)). The onsite part of the meeting will be colocated with NANOG 87.
The Programme Committee is seeking contributions from the community.
All DNS-related subjects and suggestions for discussion topics are welcome. For inspiration, we provide a non-exhaustive list of ideas:
• Operations: Any operational gotchas, lessons learned from an outage, details/reasons for a recent outage (how to improve TTR, tooling).
• Deployment: DNS config management and release process.
• Monitoring: Log ingestion pipeline, analytics infrastructure, anomaly detection.
• Scaling: DNS performance management and metrics. Increasing DNS Server Efficiency
• Security/Privacy: DNSSEC signing and validation, key storage, rollovers, qname minimization, DoH/DoT
The presentations can be either a full-length presentation - 20 mins (+5 mins Q/A) or a lightning presentation - 10 mins (+5 mins for Q/A)
2022-10-22 Submissions open via Indico
2022-12-20 Deadline for submission (23:59 UTC)
2023-01-10 Preliminary list of contributions published
2023-01-17 Full agenda published
2023-01-30 Deadline for slideset submission and Rehearsal
2023-02-16 OARC 40 Workshop - Day1
2023-02-17 OARC 40 Workshop - Day2
The Registration page and details for presentation submission are published at:
To allow the Programme Committee to make objective assessments of submissions, so as to ensure the quality of the workshop, submissions SHOULD include slides. Draft slides are acceptable on submission. Guidelines for presentation slides: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/presentation-tips/
Additional information for speakers of OARC 40
• your talk will be broadcast live and recorded for future reference
• your presentation slides will be available for delegates and others to download and refer to, before, during and after the meeting
• Remote speakers have mandatory rehearsal on 2023-01-31 at 14:00 UTC. It would be very useful to have your slides (even if draft) ready for this.
Note: DNS-OARC provides registration fee waivers for the workshop to support those who are part of underrepresented groups to speak at and/or attend DNS-OARC. More details will be provided when registration opens.
John Todd, for the DNS-OARC Programme Committee
OARC depends on sponsorship to fund its workshops and associated social events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your organization is interested in becoming a sponsor.
(Please note that OARC is run on a non-profit basis, and is not in a position to reimburse expenses or time for speakers at its meetings.)