Private use of non-RFC1918 IP space


So.. do I have to be in the US to get ARIN space? Technically space you get
is announceable anywhere in the world...
Can I just have a /32 from ARIN please and not pay the ton of money that
APNIC ask for?
I can setup a POBOX in New York if that will help? :wink:

Actually, that is an interesting question... If I have a network I am
building in the US/other locale, but I am based here, can I become an
ARIN/RIPE/etc member and get a range out of them?

  If you are build in the US you will presumable connecting
  it the US so you should be getting the space from ARIN.
  This will help with address allocations aligned with the
  geography. I can well seen US sites filtering all APNIC
  allocations and using a covering prefix to reach APNIC sites
  as one way to handle route growth.