junos config commit question

Then you didn’t use “commit confirm” as in the post this replied to.

Owen

edit
rollback 0
commit

"rollback 0" discards all your recent changes to the candidate configuration, include "delete interfaces". If you "rollback 0" then run "show | compare" no output will be displayed, meaning your changes have been discarded. Don't run "commit confirm x" when the change is "delete interfaces"

Regards
Paschal Masha | Engineering
Skype ID: paschal.masha

It is exactly this feature of the junos cli, over and above everything else, that really solidified junos for me as my new preferred platform over IOS. In my case, a central pain point had been the 'immediate punishment' of cli commands taking effect, the inability to 'test' before commit, and the inability to rollback if error. I have made some fat finger mistakes that required dispatching to hours away locations to regain administrative control for example, and while rare, these are now a thing of the past (as long as you are using "commit confirmed").

Mike-

Sure, but the post I replied to originally was someone stating that commit confirm is problematic when you forget the second commit.

I was explaining the easy way to recover from that scenario and it then got taken out of context… Twice now.

Owen