Posting here since my Google-fu is coming up short. I'm trying to setup delegated RPKI in ARIN using rpki.net's rpkid Python daemon and am running into an issue submitting the identity file to ARIN's control panel. The same file submitted to RIPE's test environment at https://localcert.ripe.net/#/rpki works without issue, while submitting to ARIN results in "Invalid Identity.xml file."
The guide I'm following is this one: https://github.com/dragonresearch/rpki.net/blob/master/doc/quickstart/xenial-ca.md and I'm able to get as far as generating the identity file.
Wondering if anyone has gone down this road before and has any helpful hints to make this work?
(Re-sent as I forgot to include the ML the first time, oops)
I recently figured it out and posted it on the NLNetLabs RPKI mailing list. https://lists.nlnetlabs.nl/pipermail/rpki/2020-February/000124.html
I hope it helps
Brilliant! Thanks for the write up Cynthia, I'll have a read through!
Everyone is welcome to read that list of course, but the TL;DR is:
ARIN currently uses a pre RFC 8183 format for the identity exchange. It would be good if this were updated. New versions of rpkid as well as Krill have issues with the old format.
In the meantime this XSL provided by rpki.net can be of help:
Note: if you are planning to give Krill a try we recommend that you wait for version 0.5. We expect to have this version ready in 1-2 weeks. It will include usability improvements, better monitoring and a UI.
There is also this somewhat hacky SED command to transform the Request XML into the format that ARIN accepts, in case you’d like to use something other than the XSL:
–– Looping in John Curran
John, I appreciate ARIN has accepted RFC 8183 compatibility as an ACSP suggestion:
Looking at the XML though, the changes needed to make this work are one tag, a URL and a version number. Could this please be tracked as a simple bug instead of a "feature to include in our future RPKI improvements”?
In the mean time I have added a warning to the documentation:
The setup process with ARIN has now been fixed in Krill 0.5.0, which was just released:
We have worked around the issue by transforming the child request XML file in the user interface using a toggle:
The ensured that Krill is compatible with both the old and new response file format. Once ARIN conforms to RFC 8183, this toggle will be removed in a future version. We have also fixed two blocking issues with APNIC, ensuring Krill now works with every RIR implementation.
Looking forward to your feedback on this release.
On April 1st ARIN deployed support for the RFC 8183 RPKI key exchange format:
You will no longer need the “ARIN Compatible" toggle in Krill as described in the previous email. The toggle will be removed in version 0.6, due next week.