There are a number of reasons for posting this announcement here:
- Hans-Werner asked me to,
- the weather in Singapore at that time of the year will be much
warmer than _anywhere_ on the North American continent,
- it will be an interesting operational workshop!
CALL FOR PARTICPATION
In The First
- - - - - - -
A P R I C O T
- - - - - - -
ASIA PACIFIC REGIONAL
Jan 17-22 '96, Singapore
Sponsored In Part By:
* The Commercial Internet Exchange ( http://www.cix.org/ )
* & Others T.B.A. shortly
APRICOT is a forum for the exchange of technical know-how for In-
ternet Service Providers and Network Operators
The rapid growth of the Internet has brought many newcomers into
positions of critical operational responsibility. They are ex-
pected to be experts in the design, configuration, operation and
maintenance of routers, terminal servers, WWW & UNIX servers, and
a myriad of specific hardware/software systems. They must operate
network management centers, customer support lines, and handle
security incidents. They must liase with network registries, com-
munications carriers, and their colleague operators. They must
perform these duties efficiently even as their networks grow in-
creasingly large and complex. Yet, the resources for learning the
skills necessary to perform these tasks successfully are sparse
and rarely provide specific information and examples.
To address this critical need, the ASIA PACIFIC NETWORK INFORMA-
TION (APNIC) has initiated the ASIA PACIFIC REGIONAL INTERNET
CONFERENCE ON OPERATIONAL TECHNOLOGY (APRICOT).
APRICOT consists of seminars, conference sessions, and forums all
with the goal of spreading and sharing the specific technical in-
formation required to operate the increasingly complex Asia Pa-
cific Internet topologies.
APRICOT will be held immediately preceding the APNIC general
meeting and the Asia Pacific Networking Group (APNG) meetings
which includes the commercial sub-group and the internationaliza-
tion and localization subgroup meetings.
VENUE: SEAMEO Regional Language Centre (RELC), Singapore
* Jan 17 Tutorials from invited speakers.
* Jan 18 Conference
* Jan 19 Morning: Conference Afternoon: Forum
* Jan 20 APNG-commercial
* Jan 21 APNIC Asia Pacific Network Information Center meeting
* Jan 22 APNG Asia Pacific Networking Group general meeting
(being organized separately)
* IP and ASN Addressing issues & techniques
* Exterior and Interior Gateway Protocols and Interexchanges
* Telco DDN Systems
* Domain Name Server
* Usenet News
* WWW, FTP, Shell, & Email Servers
* Server and Network Security
* Billing & Accounting Systems
INVITED SPEAKERS FOR TUTORIALS
The APRICOT organizing committee is inviting world-recognized ex-
perts to lecture on the above topics.
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Presentations on the above or related topics are solicited
from from the Internet operations community.
Presentations should present your experiences with the above is-
sues and share solutions to them.
Space for up to 10 Vendor booths will be available.
ATTENDEE REGISTRATION: USD175
CLOSE DATES FOR PRESENTATION ABSTRACTS: To Be Announced
* Cogwheel Internet Technolgy Consulting
* Singapore Computer Society
* Internet R&D Unit, ComCen, National University of Singapore
* Internet Association of Japan
* National Computer Board, Singapore
* Commercial Internet Exchange ( http://www.cix.org/ )
* Others T.B.A. shortly.
INFORMATION / PRE-REGISTRATION
Browse the following WWW URL to join the apricot information email list.
We will send you more detail shortly.
SUBMISSIONS / SPONSORSHIPS
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org