Per approval of the NANOG Board in February 2013, a community effort to
develop a NANOG sponsored regional BCOP effort was engaged. NANOG BCOP
Tracks and updates were provided at RIPE, ARIN, NANOG 57, 58, and 59.
In November of 2013, sufficient interest and momentum in the NANOG BCOP
effort emerged. On November 21, 2013, the NANOG Board approved the
appointment of an Ad Hoc Committee Chair who would report to the Board and
direct the efforts of NANOG-BCOP.
I have agreed to serve as Chair and am now seeking volunteers to continue
with the important work of the committee. Please consider volunteering your
time and effort in support of this important NANOG activity!
To help guide you, please review the following committee expectations:
Strategies and Goals:
* Support an open, transparent, and bottom-up/grassroots process for the
creation of current
and living practical network operation documentation
* Facilitate the development of mutually rewarding documents and guides
* Maintain the sense of community and accessibility in BCOP materials
* Develop and deploy a portfolio of guides that meet the needs of the broad
range of NANOG operators
* Responsible for recruiting a minimum of 1 shepard per calendar year.
* Responsible for recruiting a minimum of 1 author per calendar year.
* Required to attend at least 75% of all scheduled committee calls.
* Expected to attend 66% of all NANOG meetings over the course of your
* A BCOP Ad Hoc Committee Member is expected to volunteer up to 10 hours in
the 12 weeks Leading into a NANOG meeting and an additional 15 hours all
Also see the website at http://bcop.nanog.org for more information.
If you are interested in participating, please send your short bio to Betty
Burke, NANOG Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Betty can also answer any
and all questions you may have. Betty or I will be sure to follow-up with
each volunteer and get our important work underway as soon as possible.